If you’re a PS4 owner, you know that feeling when a new update is available for your favorite game and you can’t wait to download it. But what’s the process for updating apps on PS4? Here’s a quick guide to get you started.
Updating apps on ps4- a step by step guide
It is always good to be up-to-date, especially when it comes to your apps. Outdated apps may not function as intended and could even be a security risk. For these reasons, it is strongly recommended that you update your apps on a regular basis. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to do so:
- On the PS4 home screen, go to the ‘Library’ tab and select ‘Applications’.
- Find the app that you want to update and press the ‘Options’ button on your controller.
- Select ‘Check for Update’ from the menu that appears.
- If an update is available, it will begin downloading automatically.
- Once the download is complete, the app will be updated to the latest version.
Why it is important to update apps on ps4
It is important to update apps on ps4 for several reasons. First, updates often include new features or bug fixes that can improve your experience using the app. Second, newer versions of apps may be required in order to take advantage of new features on ps4 or to access certain online services. Finally, updating your apps keep them current with the latest security patches, which can help protect your system from malicious software.
How to update apps on PS4
If an app needs updating, it’ll have a red circle with a number in it on the Ps4 home screen
- First thing’s first, you need to make sure your PlayStation 4 is connected to the internet.
- Once that’s squared away, fire up your PS4 and head over to the ‘Notifications’ tab, which is the little bell icon on the top right corner of the screen.
- From there, go all the way down to ‘Downloads’ and select it.
- If any of your apps have updates waiting, they’ll be listed here under ‘Queued.’ Highlight the app you want to update and press the ‘X’ button on your controller.
- Hit ‘OK’ when prompted, and your PS4 will start downloading the update in the background.
How to troubleshoot update issues for ps4 apps
If you have problems updating an app, here are some troubleshooting tips:
- Try restarting your PS4 system. This can resolve many issues.
- Go to [Notifications] > [Downloads], and check if the app is being downloaded. If the download status displays as [ Queued ], try re-downloading the app later.
- Check your internet connection. To do this, go to Settings>Network>Test Internet Connection.
- -Make sure your PS4 system software is up to date. Go to Settings>System Software Update and select [Update System Software].
- Try re-downloading the app from PlayStation Store.
How to update apps on ps4 from a USB
If you want to know how to update apps on ps4 from a USB, there are a few things that you need to do. First, you will need to download the latest version of the app from the PlayStation Store. Once the download is complete, you will need to unzip the file. After the file is unzipped, you will need to copy it to a USB drive. Once the file is copied to the USB drive, you will need to insert the USB drive into your PS4. After the USB drive is inserted, you will need to go to Settings > System Software Updates. From here, you will be able to select Update via Storage Media. After Update via Storage Media is selected, your PS4 will begin installing the update.